On December 2, 2021, a gift giving event in the holiday month led by our honorary club member Jun Baurile who is also a Staff Sergeant of Philippine Army Reserve Command (ARESCOM), assisted with our past president Raymund Balicha was conducted at a local indigent squatter “Camp Hope”.
The following volunteers joined the event:
- Army Reserve Command 402nd Team
- Alfonso Municipal Mayor Randy Salamt (RS) group
- Members of the Alfonso police who donated school supplie
- CDC Charlie of Anti-Crime Alfonso
- Gina of Department of Social Welfare Development Alfonso
- Barangay Captain Cynthia of Luksuhin Ibaba
- Barangay Captain Berio Perea of Manggas Uno who donated children’s clothing and slippers
- Guardians Central Federation International
- Guardians youth
About 70 indigent children attended the event.
Our club provided the following to the children:
- reading books
- school supplies ie. crayons, pencils
- packed biscuits and drinks
A Philippine non-profit organization Academy of World Healing Foundation (AWH) which provides the HQ facility to our club at no cost provided the following items that were donated by its guests from Japan:
- schools supplies
- adult clothing
- travel size hygiene items (shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap)
- men’s shoe
Children’s faces were lit up each time an item was individually handed to them. They also received P20 coins each. While the event was on-going the children opened their packed biscuits and drinks immediately.
The leader of Camp Hope was very grateful for extending the spirit of Christmas to their children. He even mentioned that it was only our club who helped them with weekly food supply during the Enhanced Community Quarantine period when they were not able to go out to sell taho (tofu), their vending staple. In a joyous voice all of the children said, “Maraming salamat po” (translation: “Thank you”) at the end of the event.